Anybody who has performed Breath of the Wild for an honest period of time remembers the Lynel. These fearsome centaur-lion hybrids functioned as simply probably the most harmful enemies from that recreation in addition to probably the most satisfying as soon as discovered. As one would count on, Lynels have made their grand comeback in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, though they present up right here noticeably much less steadily than within the final recreation. And even if you happen to do discover one, it gained’t all the time seem in its White-Maned kind. If you need to learn the way to each find and defeat the White-Maned Lynel in Tears of the Kingdom, then check out our information under.
White-Maned Lynel areas
To have an opportunity at assembly the White-Maned Lynel, you’ll have to interact with the enemies’ “degree up” system, so to talk. As you defeat extra enemies throughout the land of Hyrule, foes will typically spawn in numerous colours, which indicators a extra highly effective variant. Regardless of this, the primary Lynel you meet will in all probability are available in its base red-maned kind. However if you happen to beat that Lynel and proceed to defeat different enemies, the Lynels will ultimately improve to their blue kind after which additional into their White-Maned kind. White-Maned Lynels aren’t probably the most highly effective variation—that honor goes to the Silver Lynels—however they will nonetheless simply overwhelm you if unprepared.
As for particular areas the place yow will discover the Lynels’ totally different variants, I’ve solely managed to return throughout two as far as of the time of this writing. I managed to search out one in every of them straight east of Rito Village and shortly to the southeast of Tama Pond.
In a while, I discovered one other Lynel in Rabia Plain, situated to the northeast of Kakariko Village.
In all, Tears of the Kingdom incorporates a complete of 12 Lynel areas, round half of the overall in Breath of the Wild. Notably, the Hyrule Compendium entry for the White-Maned Lynel states that yow will discover it each within the Faron Grasslands Depths and the Central Hyrule Depths. So you too can try to discover these areas to see if you happen to come throughout one. However if you want a rundown on the precise coordinates of all 12 areas, you’ll be able to go to our Silver Lynel information right here.
Preventing the White-Maned Lynel
The White-Maned Lynel and its three different variants boast a large arsenal of assaults, every of which may devastate you if not cautious. Moreover, the Lynel’s moveset adjustments primarily based on whether or not it wields a sword and protect, spear, or membership. Listed below are the strikes you could count on from the sword and protect Lynels particularly.
Sword and protect strikes
- Three-hit combo – When up shut, the Lynel will normally rear up its proper arm and are available at you with three swipes of its sword. As quickly as its arm begins to return down, you’ll be able to time your backflip and set off a flurry rush for an honest quantity of harm. In the event you dodge too early on its first swipe, instantly backflipping once more can nonetheless activate the flurry rush on the second swing, though it’s safer to study the timing of the primary swing. Moreover, you’ll be able to parry this assault to briefly stagger the Lynel, offering one other opening to make the most of. You’ll be able to parry practically each assault the Lynel has, so if you happen to desire parries over flurry rushes, be at liberty to depend on these as an alternative.
- Double-arm assault – In shut quarters, the Lynel also can convey each of its arms up earlier than swinging them down in a hug-like movement. The timing of that is barely delayed in comparison with the three-hit combo, so wait ever so barely earlier than backflipping or parrying.
- Operating slash – When at a distance, it may well often rear again with its sword up, run straight at you, and swing proper when it will get near you. This assault has a reasonably particular timing for the flurry rush and parry. Try to hit the button proper when the Lynel comes into melee vary to land the counter. Similar to with the earlier two sword assaults, a well-timed backflip will activate the flurry rush.
To date, I’ve solely come throughout the sword and shield-wielding Lynels in Tears of the Kingdom. Having stated that, the spear and membership variants undoubtedly carry over their movesets wholesale from Breath of the Wild very similar to the sword and protect ones do. So listed here are the remaining weapon-exclusive strikes primarily based on my experiences with Breath of the Wild.
- Leaping spear slam – This serves as the one spear-exclusive transfer that the Lynels have. The creature twirls its spear earlier than leaping excessive into the air and slamming its spear on the bottom as soon as it lands. Merely operating away from the assault will simply help you keep away from it, however you even have the choice of parrying it proper when the Lynel lands. In the event you parry from a brief distance away, you’ll deflect the small shockwave emitting from the spear, however nothing else will occur. Nonetheless, if you happen to stand shut and parry the spear straight, you’ll stagger the Lynel for a quick opening.
- Fundamental vertical slam – The Lynel will elevate its membership up excessive and slam it down, which may happen as soon as or 3 times in succession. Though you’ll be able to sidestep the assault for a flurry rush, doing so leaves you prone to getting hit by the follow-up shockwaves. There’s a variation of this assault with out the shockwave, however the distinction in telegraphing is refined, so it’s finest to both run to the aspect or parry the membership proper when it comes down.
- Spin assault – For this transfer, the Lynel will wave its membership round within the air earlier than spinning it on the bottom. Operating away from the transfer or parrying it’ll function your finest plan of action right here. The hitbox of the membership whereas it spins is pretty correct to the mannequin, so press the parry button proper because the membership is bodily about to hit you to efficiently deflect it.
- Operating slam – When distant, the Lynel might convey its membership up excessive earlier than sprinting at you and slamming the weapon down. This transfer all the time leaves behind a shockwave when the membership hits the bottom, making sidestepping for flurry rushes fully unviable. You need to as an alternative parry this transfer proper when the Lynel enters melee vary.
The White-Maned Lynels can carry out the entire under strikes it doesn’t matter what weapon they wield, so all the time look out for them.
- Jousting assault – After operating round a bit from a distance, the Lynel will come towards you with its weapon within the air and swipe you. You’ll be able to anticipate and time your dodges or parries far more simply right here than with the faster operating assaults for each the sword and the membership, Simply keep in mind to backflip for the flurry rush.
- Cost – One other long-distance possibility, the Lynel will get on all fours and cost rapidly at you. You’ll be able to parry this, in fact, however the timing window for the flurry rush is definitely extraordinarily beneficiant right here, so keep on with sidestepping it.
- Bow and arrow – When you find yourself distant or up within the air, the Lynel can draw its bow and hearth both straight at you or towards the sky so that they rain down on you. This assault appears a bit simpler to dodge than it was in Breath of the Wild, so merely operating or gliding to the aspect will do the trick.
- Fireballs – The Lynel jumps again, prices up hearth in its mouth, and breathes three fireballs in your route. Operating to the aspect will work, though doing so up shut is a bit simpler than doing it at a distance. The leadup to the assault additionally leaves the Lynel completely susceptible to a fast headshot. In the event you battle the Lynel in a grassy space, the fireballs will burn the grass and trigger an updraft, permitting you to glide up and land some simple headshots. Parrying the fireballs additionally serves as an efficient technique, though it’s best to primarily do that up shut, as that may stagger the Lynel and interrupt the assault.
- Horn assault – This can be a new assault unique to Tears of the Kingdom. At melee vary, the Lynel will lean its head again and swing it to the aspect to assault with its horn. The transfer capabilities equally to the double-arm assault that the sword and protect variants have, because it has a considerably delayed timing and may be dodged with a backflip.
- Explosion – This assault is unique to the White-Maned and Silver Lynels, not less than in Breath of the Wild. They appear to carry out it much less steadily right here, and I by no means acquired it to set off throughout my sole battle in opposition to the White-Maned Lynel. However I assume that the White-Maned variant nonetheless has this transfer, so right here’s the way it works. The Lynel will belt out a strong roar, convey its weapon up, and slam it down, inflicting a large explosion to set off inside the creature’s neighborhood. Both run distant as quickly because the Lynel roars or interrupt it with headshot to cope with this transfer. Imagine it or not, you’ll be able to really parry the explosion by timing the button a cut up second after the weapon hits the bottom. In fact, solely do that if you happen to really feel assured sufficient to strive it.
Different issues to notice
Generally, touchdown headshots will serve you effectively throughout Lynel fights, as they go away the creature open to a singular interplay. As soon as the headshot stuns the Lynel, you’ll be able to run as much as the perimeters or the again and mount it very similar to you’ll be able to a horse. Though you clearly can’t trip it round, this does function an ideal alternative to take out your strongest weapon and hit the Lynel with repeated strikes earlier than it flings you off. In Breath of the Wild, doing this fully maintained the sturdiness of your weapon, though I’ve not but found out if this stays true in Tears of the Kingdom.
Both approach, after it flings you off, you’ll be able to enter bullet time and land much more headshots whilst you nonetheless have stamina remaining. Different strategies for mounting the Lynel embrace gliding on high of it from an updraft or a high-up place and sneaking up behind it earlier than the battle begins, though observe that the Lynel has exceptionally good listening to in comparison with different monsters.
Defeating the White-Maned Lynel will drop among the finest objects yow will discover in Tears of the Kingdom. The Savage Lynel Defend can harm enemies via parrying while not having to fuse first, and the Savage Lynel Bow can concurrently hearth three and even 5 arrows at the price of one. Moreover, the horns it drops give extraordinarily excessive assault boosts to weapons as soon as fused, which ought to assist immensely when combating different powerful enemies. However though these awards are nice on their very own, those supplied by the Silver Lynel are even higher.