Two new driver releases are actually obtainable for desktop Linux customers with NVIDIA 515.76 and Mesa 22.2 for AMD / Intel.
With the NVIDIA launch being fairly a small one here is what’s new:
- Turing and later: mounted doable extreme GPU energy draw on an idle X11 or Wayland desktop when driving excessive resolutions or refresh charges.
- Fastened a bug that prompted the Xorg server to crash if an NvFBC seize session is began whereas video reminiscence is full.
As for the brand new Mesa launch, there’s been no official announcement or changelog regardless of the discharge taking place yesterday which our pal at Phoronix noticed and so they famous a few of these enhancements obtainable in Mesa 22.2:
- Higher Intel Arc help.
- Intel Ray Tracing efficiency enhancements.
- Intel Vulkan enhancements for VKD3D-Proton.
- Work in the direction of AMD RDNA3 help.
- Nouveau beginning work in the direction of supporting NVIDIA RTX 3xxx sequence.
- And varied different bug fixes and enhancements.