Valve are persevering with to roll out huge modifications to the model new Steam Cell App, which is at present in Beta. It will finally substitute the older app, which has been left within the mud for too lengthy.
New options simply added a couple of days in the past:
- Distant Downloads – Added help for remotely downloading gadgets in your library to an energetic Steam consumer.
- Licensed Units Checklist – Added help for viewing your approved units and selectively revoking entry.
- Tab customization – Added the flexibility to customise your principal tabs through Settings. Word: with this replace your “Residence Display screen” setting will likely be reset.
- Pill view – Enhancements to the UI throughout the app for units with bigger screens akin to tablets.
Plus these different enhancements:
- Added new app splash display.
- Fastened some instances the place net settings and preferences can be forgotten.
- Fastened bug the place tapping backside tab merchandise for a display with net content material wouldn’t appropriately take you again to the foundation webpage for that display.
- Improved navigation upon tapping a wishlist or remark notification.
- Efficiency and UX enhancements for the notifications display.
- Fastened bug the place the brand new notifications badge might be proven incorrectly.
- Fastened bug the place time codecs weren’t all the time matching the consumer’s most well-liked locale.
- Fastened visible jitter in app header that may generally occur when switching screens.
- Elevated tappable space for the cart and again buttons within the retailer net header.
- Efficiency enhancements for areas of the app the place we have been displaying blurred content material.
They only lately opened up extra iOS slots too, so I used to be capable of bounce in and have a look so here is a couple of photographs of it.
Thus far it does seem to be an enormous enchancment over the unique. It seems higher, it is quicker and it has most of what you want proper there besides Steam Chat.