There is a new Steam Deck Consumer Beta replace accessible and with it comes some a lot wanted enhancements to the on-screen keyboard. Need to strive it out? Head to the Settings > System and choose both Beta or Preview from the Steam Replace Channel dropdown field.
This is what’s new:
- Improved the responsiveness of On-Display screen Keyboard
- Fastened lacking keystrokes when contact typing on the On-Display screen Keyboard in desktop mode
- Fastened the in-game On-Display screen Keyboard textual content entry dialog generally having buttons minimize off
- Fastened situation the place command settings wouldn’t save
- Fastened a problem the place Mouse Edge Spin can be extra delicate on the left-side of the trackpad than the proper
- Fastened crashing situation when streaming from one Steam Deck to a different
Testing out the typing in desktop mode myself this morning and yup — the on-screen keyboard typing accuracy appears to be vastly improved and works correctly now.